Good gaming laptop under $1200?

Zehel

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
Looking for the best gaming laptop (it has to be a laptop) i can get for $1200 or less. It should be able to play most games at high. Thanks for any advice.

Solution
Your best bet is to find a custm builder who will build the laptop to your specifications. I'd suggest a Clevo distributor (other than XoticPC which, as has been reported here on numerous occasions) has a very bad history with customers.

The problems with most pre-built lappies are:

1. In order to meet a certain price point that the ,marketing department decided was appropriate, they will pack a few good components in and include those in the advertising, then to bring the price down, they throw in something crappy like a 5400 rpm HD.

2. Be aware that differences between brands are small and that just about every brand you are familiar with does not actually make a laptop...they are all mode by a small number of ODMs and often...
Your best bet is to find a custm builder who will build the laptop to your specifications. I'd suggest a Clevo distributor (other than XoticPC which, as has been reported here on numerous occasions) has a very bad history with customers.

The problems with most pre-built lappies are:

1. In order to meet a certain price point that the ,marketing department decided was appropriate, they will pack a few good components in and include those in the advertising, then to bring the price down, they throw in something crappy like a 5400 rpm HD.

2. Be aware that differences between brands are small and that just about every brand you are familiar with does not actually make a laptop...they are all mode by a small number of ODMs and often with the same parts and the same assembly lines.

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP, Dell and Lenovo
Pegatron sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP
Clevo sells to distributors throughout the world why custom build to user specifications.

I buy them here (10/10 ratting at resellerratings):

https://lpc-digital.com/
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/LPC_Digital_Inc

Solution