Good headphones for both Music and Gaming

Crazy Steeve

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I have been doing my research and i'm looking into getting Audio Technica ATH-A700X Headphones and I want to know if they are good for this. 50% music-50% gaming. I'm no pro and my budget is $100-$150 plus mic and I don't think i'm ready for sound cards or amps. My old turtle beach X 11's broke and I need something new. Any suggestions for something else before I buy.

I listen to techno and hardstyle music mainly and allot of other things, so I need decent bass.

Others I consider:Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro

Johnny_C13

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I'm a fan of Sennheiser products, but I think bass-wise they might be a tiny bit weaker than other higher ends brands of headphones...

Can't speak for Audio-Technica, though!

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011

Look at the Razer headphones. I got mine in December and couldn't be happier. I had the sennheiser but it hurts my ears after just an hour or so of use. These new Razer ones are so comfortable and sound quality is great as well. I believe they were the 75-100 dollar ones and I had purchased them at Best Buy. The reviews for them aren't bad either.

Anyways, good luck with your next purchase! ^_^

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
I haven't owned them personally, but the ATH-M50s are a really popular set, and are generally praised for having great bang for the buck. I don't think you can go wrong with that set.
I can't comment on the other sets you've mentioned, since i haven't looked into those cans.

The absolute best thing you could do is go into a store and try them out with music you know well.

PsyKhiqZero

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
Can't say i've used that headphones you recommended, but I'd like to recommend the corsair vengence 1500 or the wireless 2000 headset. I own the wireless ones and while they don't have the best range, they're by far the best pc headset I've every used.

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
yeah the ath-m50s really are one of the best in terms of price / quality. it's tough to a find a better stereo pair out there for around $100. they are stereo though, so they don't have surround sound, but still perform well in gaming environments

i also 2nd the corsair vengeance 2000, if you want a "gaming" headset that does well with general audio too. a good bang-for-your-buck model like the ath-m50, but this one has a mic attached as well.

http://www.headset-ratings.com/corsair-vengeance-2000-wireless-7-1-gaming-headset/

happy listening :)

G

Don't waste money on any of the hyped garbage.

I have owned sennheiser, razer, turtle beach headphones and all of them were complete crap.

They all broke after 4 months ( one of the speaker stopped working ).

The only advice i can give you is stay the hell away from any "gaming" headset.
Get yourself a pair of studio headphones such as JVC HA-RX900.

http://www.hd.ca/jvc_canada/largeimages/HA-RX900.jpg

I paid 50$ for those, the sound quality beats any of the 200$ "gaming" headphones, they're extremely comfortable, built very strongly and I've had them for 2 years.

Apr 21, 2015

Razer is good for gaming (deep bass for and bright treble makes sound effects vivid). For music I would not recommend it taking into account said above :) and the weight of the headset. The audio scene is not clean which becomes obvious when listening classical music. Truly I do not believe in single headset to meet music listening and gaming purposes. So I would suggest two different headsets, something like Razer for gaming, and Yamaha or AKB for enjoying music...