Good speakers for my desktop - looking for good bass

Zepaa

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014
I'm looking for a set of speakers (whether that be monitors or HIFI), that I can place on my desk (with isolation pads) that would produce great bass, and high quality audio. I listen to quite alot of Drum and Bass and Hiphop...

My budget is around 300 GBP, which is roughly 500 USD I believe.
In this budget I need the speakers a subwoofer if necessary, and a DAC amp
If you need any more information, I would happily give it to you.
Thank you for your time :)

Solution
get a cheap pair of rokits, probably the rokit 5's or 6's. They are the bottom line of studio monitors because they have a hi-fi "sweetened" sound to them.

They are not going to give you the "true" sound because they are sweetened in the lows but it doesnt look like you want that. It looks like you want something that is going to be fun to listen to bass music and play video games with and I think those will do you really well. they are pretty affordable too. only time i recommend these is for people who are not going to be producing music but listening to it.

DubStyle

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
get a cheap pair of rokits, probably the rokit 5's or 6's. They are the bottom line of studio monitors because they have a hi-fi "sweetened" sound to them.

They are not going to give you the "true" sound because they are sweetened in the lows but it doesnt look like you want that. It looks like you want something that is going to be fun to listen to bass music and play video games with and I think those will do you really well. they are pretty affordable too. only time i recommend these is for people who are not going to be producing music but listening to it.

Solution