Good surround sound soundbar?

swolenator

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Does anyone have any recommendations for home audio sound bars with a bass stand too? I am looking at getting one to provide surround sound and it would be connected to a tv and driectv receiver currently. Maybe a blu ray dvd player in the future but not for now. I just was wondering on recommendations and if they had enough connections.

The one I was looking at was the bose cinemate 1 sr but it is more expensive then others. I haven't heard the others but some people say maybe harman kardon or yamaha ones. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any models and how they sound. We currently samsung 5.1 with all the extra speakers downstairs which is okayish but are looking to get something that doesn't have all that extra wiring for upstairs. It would be used for watching directv tv and on demand movies and sports. I think bose does a decent job of simulating surround from the front and sides but how do other brands like the harman kardon do?

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
The Wirecutter recommends a MartinLogan:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-soundbar/

I've never actually heard of the brand, but the site has been trustworthy so far, and they do quite a bit of research before recommending a product.