Good under $100 studio headphones needed to pair with my zalman mic! ASAP

neymarmessiop

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
Hello
I have the choice for going with a logitech g930, corsair vengeance 2100 or getting a pair of pro headphones to pair with my salmon zm1 mic. I honestly like the salmon mic a lot. It has one of the best qualities out there.
Im very strict on price. Has to be under $100. Please post any headphones. I had the ath-ad700x in mind but they are over budget. If you have any ideas, please let me know

Solution
the ad500x would give a slight edge over the hd518 in terms of fps gaming correct, but the hd518 would sound a bit more "fun" due to having more bass levels.

razer surround works with any headphones so yes you could use it. using a soundcard and cmss3d/sbx or dolby headphone are considered superior though. your motherboard might have one of those technologies (if not the xonar dg is $27 and has them). or, you could just use razer surround for now. or just use stereo sound. ultimately your choice what you do.

most 7.1 headsets are only stereo headsets with virtual surround (very few actually have multiple drivers in each ear) so there wouldnt be any real difference there.. but the wider soundstages of the ad500x or hd518 would...
ad500x - if you want an advantage in fps games. wide soundstage, good positional. weak bass - good punchy midbass but no deep bass.
hd518 - more neutral sound. slightly less soundstage than above but still good. has fair bass. very mellow and easy to listen to.

neymarmessiop

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
So for gaming you would reccomend the ad500X right? I play competitive CSGO and I am on one of the competitive BF4 Teams. Would that benefit me more than a g930/Corsair Vengeance 7.1 surround sound gaming headset? Also if i get the ad500x or hd518, would razer surround sound app benefit or is it just useless?
Thanks for response

the ad500x would give a slight edge over the hd518 in terms of fps gaming correct, but the hd518 would sound a bit more "fun" due to having more bass levels.

razer surround works with any headphones so yes you could use it. using a soundcard and cmss3d/sbx or dolby headphone are considered superior though. your motherboard might have one of those technologies (if not the xonar dg is $27 and has them). or, you could just use razer surround for now. or just use stereo sound. ultimately your choice what you do.

most 7.1 headsets are only stereo headsets with virtual surround (very few actually have multiple drivers in each ear) so there wouldnt be any real difference there.. but the wider soundstages of the ad500x or hd518 would certainly help yes.

Solution