Google Accidentally Wipes 150000 Gmail Inboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Marco there is no denying that Google and everything affiliated with it is awesome. Every company has their issues, and no matter how much you hate, Google will just get better. Let me guess, you use a Mac and have an Iphone? Amirite?

G

i love google. i haven't clean up my email for like years; and out of no where, google takes out the trash for me. thank you so much google.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
[Marco there is no denying that Google and everything affiliated with it is awesome. Every company has their issues, and no matter how much you hate, Google will just get better. Let me guess, you use a Mac and have an Iphone? Amirite? /quote]

I don't own anything "Apple" but I am amazed at all the haters. "Every company has their issues, and no matter how much you hate," Perhaps you should practice what you preach amk09. As for a the Gmail problem, I download any email that is important to my computer so I always have a backup. No technology is perfect they all have problems from time to time.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]jjamess[/nom]0.08% of users affected by this? How is this even news worthy?[/citation]
Do you have any idea how many users that actually is? It's not like only 20 people have had email trouble.

G

i use to have two account, Gmail and Hotmail. but after someone hacked my hotmail (my fault i used the same password for other sites) what happend was: i changed my password, someone tried to rehack my account and didn't succeed, microsoft locked my account and wouldn't let me use it even though i had the right password!
when i contacted them i wasn't able to give them enough details to unlock it because i haven't used messanger or sent emails from that mail for a very long time.
so, if i had to choose between microsoft purposely locking me out of my own account and never taking responsibility for it
or google erasing my inbox and contacts and trying to fix it
I would choose the latter

G

And cloud computing is supposedly the 'future', according to companies like Google.

No thanks.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Ha, long live cloud computing...
Really, if this kind of stuff can happen to an email account, imagine using a cloud environment for your computing needs and having such a f-up one day...
And to think that not only Google, but also Microsoft are pushing for cloud-based OS... I guess I will stick to what I have right now.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
i know it is a free service...but this doesn't make me super happy about gmail being my primary mail client.

.08% (8/10,000, i think) seems pretty low unless you are part of the lucky few! wonder what the affected people have in common?

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
i know it is a free service...but this doesn't make me super happy about gmail being my primary mail client.

.08% (8/10,000, i think) seems pretty low unless you are part of the lucky few! wonder what the affected people have in common?

Status
Not open for further replies.