Google Adding Push Notification Support in Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Glad I don't use Chrome. Push Notification might be one of the worst things to ever happen to notifications; I don't know if this goes for everyone but I get literally nothing but ads on android.

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
@S3anister: I've been using android since its early stages, you only get those ads if you install dodgy apps or apps that clearly state they will do so.
Now on topic, this is exactly what I was hoping for since using phonegap and other sofware to work on web apps, you always need much more effort to enable "real" push notifications than to make your app, which is highly inefficient. Can't wait to try it out

John05

Honorable
May 22, 2013
I am trying to work with the Google Cloud Messaging, but I can not get the Channeld, I get the following error Error during pushMessaging.getChannelId: 3
chromeHidden.handleResponse, I don't know what is happennign, I am lost, I am using arch linux and my app is on chromium, I don't know if there is an incompatibility or something that I am missing, please if you can give some tip I would be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.