Google Announces Music Beta Streaming Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman9135

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
With Amazon's service you can also save your songs into your phone but that was when it first came out. Not sure if that patched that out or something

G

Nice step but what about its country support,play back quality?

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]another useless inet app!Like even the simplest phone can not play back compressed audio locally![/citation]
Soon they will make it possible that no phone can even store things locally, let alone play it.
/end of worst case corporate greed scenario

G

I use Opera Unite \media player to stream my music collection from my ATOM powered netbook Streaming server, low low Power usage and My Music wherever I go, I will give this a try as well.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I believe cloud computing has its benefits, but not to stream my own music collection. Movie rental on the other hand is a good idea, but at a lower price point will be better.

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
[citation][nom]azcoyote[/nom]Great! Because bandwidth to phones and iPads is FREE? What it isn't? Stupid model that will die in 18 months.[/citation]

bandwith is becoming more and more unlimited

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
No it actually isn't. It is becoming more and more restricted.
There are COUNTLESS instances of carriers changing "unlimited" to limited.
Alternatively, they are raising unlimited prices significantly.
Regardless, the idea that we will pay to store something we own in the cloud then pay to stream it to something which could be synced to just have it anyway is absurd.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
*applied for beta*

i've heard others advocate...so I'll try to pass on the good information.

grooveshark.com is awesome. check it out if you haven't.

and install zina if you want to access your stuff remotely. mostly convenient for those already running home based webservers. there's always xampp + dyndns for those looking for a challenge.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]wawa sxm[/nom]bandwith is becoming more and more unlimited[/citation]You mean all those B/W caps popping up in US lately? :)

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So the era of Cloud Computing is here, will be fun to see how it ends.

I personaly think it will go down in history as the stupidest thing ever done, why? Security! Just look at the PSN and what happened there, its likely just a first taste of what is to come!

And the more eggs (err customers) in a basket the more of a target it becomes and few systems can be considered unhackable!

Status
Not open for further replies.