Google Bans SMS Text Spying App From Android

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]Why would you be in a relationship where you don't trust the other person to the point where spying on them becomes a viable option?[/citation]
Lawsuits (ie. divorce cases)? That's the only thing I can think of. However, I'm not sure if this would kind of "evidence" will be admissible in court.

endoftheline2

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
A determined (and maybe tech savy enough) person can still install a non market app to an android device that will do the exact same thing. Of course its not as easy for a regular phone user to spy.

G

Um... wont it still show up on the bill details of the person being spied on? They will see a bunch of text being sent that they wont be able to recall. I guess most people aren't that thorough when it comes to their phone usage. I am...

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
[citation][nom]jalek[/nom]I know of a couple of cases where this might've been useful on an employees phone. A company can have records of every email an employee's sent through their email system, why not messages sent from the employer-owned cell phones?[/citation]

This is about the only legitimate use of this application. A company putting this on their company owned phones then informing their employee receiving the phone, through written statement that the application was on it would be ok if a bit draconian. The same as any email sent through a company email server, or any phone call placed through a company owned phone line can be monitored.

G

Cell phone spy application offered by Mobistealth is an amazing app to monitor kid to cell phone activities silently. It is a parent control app to spy kids phones easily and keep eye on them.
Mobile Spy Software

Status
Not open for further replies.