Google Boasts its Chrome is 26% Faster Than Last Year's

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
FireFox 4 Life.... Or at least for now. If something comes along that is non-google I might give it a go. But I try to avoid using Google products when I can.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]HATE HATE HATE, i have a little hate hahaha. Seriously, i dont need a faster browser. Security is much more important. All browsers available are fast enough with modern computers. But none are secure enough. I stick with IE not because of speed, but because i dont have to install it, its already there, its updated frequently, its reasonably secure, it displays pages properly (google chrome sometimes doesn't display pages as expected). I would be happy to take a speed hit of 50% for 50% more security. Like i cant wait an extra second for a page to be displayed......[/citation]

i open upwards 700 tabs in firefox, so speed there actually matters when you have a crap to of tabs open.

chrome... every tab gets a new process. sadly, that can cause system intability when you open allot, and the browser is likely to crash or take your whole system with it.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Amazing how Firefox announces 25% speedup and then comes Chrome saying 26%! speedup.[/citation]

Long live Internet Explorer (or Exploder?) it is 27% slower than last year's and about 50% less compatible compared to other browsers!!! Love IE! Swear by IE! Microsoft forever!!!

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]HATE HATE HATE, i have a little hate hahaha. Seriously, i dont need a faster browser. Security is much more important. All browsers available are fast enough with modern computers. But none are secure enough. I stick with IE not because of speed, but because i dont have to install it, its already there, its updated frequently, its reasonably secure, it displays pages properly (google chrome sometimes doesn't display pages as expected). I would be happy to take a speed hit of 50% for 50% more security. Like i cant wait an extra second for a page to be displayed......[/citation]

:D Wow! Does Microsoft pay or brainwash people like you to write stuff like that??? Lots of people and organizations switched from IE to other browsers just because of its lackluster security! That browser has more security holes than a sieve! ;) Just one question and be honest: "Are you born a moron or you just like to act like one?"

Status
Not open for further replies.