Google Can Resume Sale of Galaxy Nexus For Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Why is this even in the courts in the first place?
Oh, it's because Google is behind on payments to Apple for "protection".....

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Soon, corporations will patent everything that can theoretically be done one day and then hold off implementing the patent for as long as they want.

AusVip3r

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
The way the US operates with all these patent infringment cases and there trigger happy nature of suing for everything under the sun is an absolute joke. America is viewed as such a messed up country by all and this is just 1 of the many reasons. Also to show how stupid this injunction/case is. How can 1 company be targeted when my HTC Sensation XE has this exact feature right now, as do many other phones out there. Apple has no right to claim an unoriginal concept as there own.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]What is the difference between Apple and the Mafia?[/citation]
Mafia takes your money at gun point.

jojesa

Distinguished
I know a way around the Universal Search patent:
Global Search patent.
Global interface for retrieval of information in a computer system within the planet Earth.
Abstract:
This “invention” provides access to items of data contained in our planet Earth related to whatever input from any device by a user, using any technique or algorithms and displaying information for retrieval. The search engine could list relevant, irrelevant or whatever information that is available.
I do not need to search the universe...at least for now.
Let Apple search the universe...maybe they will find the planet they came from...and leave.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]What is the difference between Apple and the Mafia?[/citation]

What the MAFIA does is considered iLLEGAL.
When Apple holds you at iPOINT it is legal.

Apple; cool designs but a shitty corporate attitude. Srew 'em.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
For once, someone in the legal system with a brain.

Also, I'm not sure the ban on the original tab actually means anything - it's an out of date device that no one wants, and it's still available on several sites anyway.

G

[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Americans should start stockpiling then before the Holy wrath of (poor attempt at trying to be funny) condemn the Galaxy Nexus and other galaxy series products to an eternity outside of the US market.[/citation]

Why stockpile something that no one wants?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Well hey, at least Google patched the offending feature. You'd think Google would just not use that feature in the first place, but eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.