Google Chrome is acting up (size)

ChaoticShadow

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Basically, I've been using Chrome for a while and I every so often the size gets changed. Not the page zoom defaults, but the interface as well. The tabs are larger, bookmarks are larger, extension icons are larger, etc. Even the pages I visit seem zoomed in although they're only at 100%. This has happened a few times, but it's starting to get annoying. Are these the results of updates? (or am I just being really stupid and accidentally clicked a few buttons?)

Theme: Black Carbon + Silver Metal (not the problem, I checked)

Laptop is Lenovo Flex 4 (probably not tablet mode problem, I checked somewhat)

Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 m

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Solution
Ok, third time's the charm I hope:

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2016/10/21/how-to-fix-google-chromes-large-zoomed-in-ui-after-update/

That sounds exactly like what you're describing, and happened with Chrome 54 update.

TMTOWTSAC

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015
I'm always doing this in Firefox, and I believe Chrome is the same. If you hold down Control and nudge the scroll wheel it resizes the page. I use a trackball with a scroll ring and it happens when I'm trying to open a link in a new tab via Control-click. It doesn't resize my menus or anything, but I'm not sure how it looks in Chrome.

TMTOWTSAC

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015
Ok, it's not Control-scroll doing it. That doesn't change the menus or buttons. It kind of sounds like some sort of accessibility feature, possibly laptop specific? Something similar to the Windows magnifier tool. Or maybe a virtual desktop setup? I'd check to see if there's any sort of zoom options for your Flex.

Edit: Hey, this is from Lenovo's web site:

http://www.lenovo.com/lenovo/us/en/accessibility/

Zoom

You can use the zoom feature to enlarge or reduce the size of text, pictures, maps, or other objects.

From the keyboard:

Zoom in: Press the Windows logo key + the plus-sign key (+) to enlarge the size of text, pictures, maps, or other objects.
Zoom out: Press the Windows logo key + the minus-sign (-) key to reduce the size of text, pictures, maps, or other objects.

From the touch screen:

Zoom in: Move two fingers farther apart on the touch screen to enlarge the size of text, pictures, maps, or other objects.
Zoom out: Move two fingers closer together on the touch screen to reduce the size of text, pictures, maps, or other objects.

Didn't realize that was a touch screen. Any chance it think you're doing a reverse pinch?

ChaoticShadow

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Thanks for all your replies, but after trying them all and tweaking different settings here and there, nothing worked.
I've concluded that this is currently unable to be solved and I have resorted to setting web content to 80% size to at least get the look I'm used to. However, the tabs and menu are still oversized.

Anyways, thanks, but I guess this is an inexplicable case at the moment.

TMTOWTSAC

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015
Have you tried using the touchscreen zoom function? If it got zoomed in accidentally, you can try zooming it back out. Touch the screen with two fingers together, and then move your fingers apart. I think it's called a reverse pinch. Starting with fingers apart and moving them together is a pinch, and zooms in.

ChaoticShadow

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

Yeah I tried that. It's not the problem, thanks though.

TMTOWTSAC

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015
Ok, third time's the charm I hope:

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2016/10/21/how-to-fix-google-chromes-large-zoomed-in-ui-after-update/

That sounds exactly like what you're describing, and happened with Chrome 54 update.

Solution

ChaoticShadow

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

it worked! lol i forgot to thank u!