Google Could Be Paying Apple $1 Billion Annually to be iOS' Default Search Engin

Status
Not open for further replies.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]The-Darkening[/nom]Just what apple needs. More money to the suing force.[/citation]
why would anyone do something for free when they could make money off of it? Apple has a huge user base, this is a worthy investment for google and apple. They're both benefiting from this.

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Google is said to be...Morgan Stanley...He believes that...It was previously believed...Instead, Devitt believes...

uuhhmm...is it just me or is there really no REAL evidence this Google/apple partnership actually exists. Is this just another Zak I-ham attempt at creating intrigue to attract readership? Could it be that Zak is full of crap? Or, better yet, FULL of non-editorial prowess? Stay tuned folks for another article soon to come....

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Google is said to be...Morgan Stanley...He believes that...It was previously believed...Instead, Devitt believes...

uuhhmm...is it just me or is there really no REAL evidence this Google/apple partnership actually exists. Is this just another Zak I-ham attempt at creating intrigue to attract readership? Could it be that Zak is full of crap? Or, better yet, FULL of non-editorial prowess? Stay tuned folks for another article soon to come....

John15v17

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Ah: it could be sharing revenue from the ads. I thought they were paying Apple just to be the browser of choice.

It's funny that the other choices are Bing and Yahoo, but that's basically Bing and Bing

digitalvampire

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Is anyone else tired of the entire industry giving Apple the soft glove while letting them say and do (ie sueing excessively) whatever they want. I'm so tired of the industry treating Apple like the annoying child that it feels bad for and doesn't want to look like the bad bad parent by punishing them. Apple makes plenty of money. Treat them like an adult. Don't pay them to use your services. Make them to pay you, or, even better, block their products until they change their ways. Good god, BAN Google search, Gmail, Google Maps, and Youtube on ALL Apple devices (in and out of browser) and just claim some vague reason like "ensuring compatibility" for doing so. (ie the same thing Apple does ALL THE TIME). Just because Apple's primary market is the "less technically inclined" doesn't mean that they are, especially when it comes to business.

Rant over. Sorry for any grammatical errors.

P.S. This is just a rant. I know this would never happen for PLENTY of reasons.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
So if each partner level lawyer makes 200k per year and each legal tech employee making 30k, assuming 10 techs per primary and an additional 100% of payroll costs as clerical / office overhead / expense accounts ... how many lawyers is Google effectively paying apple?

For bonus marks: If three lawyers can file 2 lawsuits per year ... how many companies per year can apple sure with Google paying for it ?

fatality1515

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Google you fool.. Why would they pay 1 billion to be the default search engine.. -.- Apple users would use google anyway over whatever the other choice is.. I don't think apple users are that dumb, are they? :)

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]457undead[/nom]Shouldn't it be the other way around?[/citation]
Yeah, especially because...Bing doesn't look like apple's thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.