Google Details Android 4.2's Security System

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
you can't have it both ways. either you give people the choice and the responsibility for their choices, or you choose for them and assume that responsibilty. Same in tech as in politics.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]you can't have it both ways. either you give people the choice and the responsibility for their choices, or you choose for them and assume that responsibilty. Same in tech as in politics.[/citation]
no, just like an antivirus, if you tell it it won't delete any files automatically, but will warn you, it's not like politics because you have to chose for millions of people and it's hard to know what they all want

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]What about older devices?Last I checked Pre Jelly Bean Android still covers around 3/4s of the market.[/citation]
Since this is only for Jellybean 4.2, its way more than 3/4's of the market.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
At some point if you want new features you have to buy a new phone. Manufacturers are disincentivized (sp?) from offering free software updates, as it discourages you from buying new phones and makes them no money. Beyond that, software in the mobile world is advancing rapidly the experience on older phones with even ICS is pretty dismal. It's part of the reason my Thunderbolt still hasn't received an ICS update that was due in August. Do you really think the issue is a software bug that just can't be solved? It's more like VZW & HTC holding it off to encourage new phone sales. It may have worked for VZW, but I dumped HTC for that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.