Google Explains Secret to Its Siri Competitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Now there is a clear home court advantage for Google of course as Apple simply does not have that kind of data pool available.
That's gotta sting.

G

This will force Apple to update the quality of Siri, so good news all around for all product users.

chibiwings

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
In our country most of us are not english speaking natively but we have a neutral accent when speaking. but both software doesn't do any good when we used it..

G

Ciprian Chelba is a romanian name. Romania rules with geeks :) ! Hai Romania

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]Does it kill the battery like Siri???[/citation]

Siri doesn't kill your battery. I use it a few dozens times a day, and my 4S gets the same battery life as my gf's who doesn't ever use Siri.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Am i the only one who think, that all those voice recognitions software are overhyped and useless?
If we put aside people who want to look cool in front of other people by talking to the phone, who the hell use it? I can't imagine my self at home talking to the phone to do stuff for me.
Maybe it's just me, but i prefer to tap twice and make a call.
Plus i tried it few times and if your mother language isn't english, it is even more messy.

G

"Am i the only one who think, that all those voice recognitions software are overhyped and useless?"

No you arent the only one! I always laugh at the voice crap, it always seems like peopel are fighitng with it.

For an exaggerated example:

First person says: call bob
Phone says: Did you mean call susan?(sure its not that bad, but you get the idea)
...and then if someone is standing next to them....
Second person standing next to them: excuse me?
First: Oh im talking to my phone(translation: im cool and your not)
Second person: uh huh(translation: your a retard)
First: (internal delusion: im so cool i got a talking phone, everyone likes me)

I always laugh at these people. Its far quicker to just tap 3 or 4 times and just call the person.

xero141

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]Does it kill the battery like Siri???[/citation]

don't have an iphone to test against but a quick guess is if you talk to it for hours on end, then yes...

ronindaosohei

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
[citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]Am i the only one who think, that all those voice recognitions software are overhyped and useless?If we put aside people who want to look cool in front of other people by talking to the phone, who the hell use it? I can't imagine my self at home talking to the phone to do stuff for me. Maybe it's just me, but i prefer to tap twice and make a call.Plus i tried it few times and if your mother language isn't english, it is even more messy.[/citation]

The first major advantage of voice for me is while driving, I can hit the button on my bluetooth headset and tell it to do all kinds of things, which would be awkward to do while driving. It's also getting a lot better with queries to the point where it can now be faster than typing if you've got a phone with Google Now, you also get those additional updates, which are helpful. For the most part though I've always figured the best part is the intelligence not the voice. For example the notion of saying "Siri, remind me to get milk when I'm at the grocery store", if it's actually successful, the appeal isn't voice, it's the intelligence to know to remind you and to know where you are, that's the real power.

Status
Not open for further replies.