Google Finally Updates Chrome for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman1992

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
[citation][nom]darthvidor[/nom]It's still slower than firefox I hoping for it to be better since Chrome is my primary desktop browser.[/citation]Ummm this one is for android, not desktop (unless you're using android for your desktop?)

darthvidor

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Having Chrome as my primary desktop browser (windows), chrome (android) shows my open tabs on my desktop and all my bookmarks are synced. Firefox (android) can do that but I rarely use FF on my desktop.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Chrome is one of my favorite browsers on Mobile, although I often find myself on my Nexus 7 after changing tabs waiting for the damn thing to load the page again.

On my phone it's the same (Galaxy Nexus). Here's hoping that they can improve that.
The stock browser on my Galaxy Nexus is so good by itself. I'm surprised how well it works (Except it crashes more than other browsers..)

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I've found Google Chrome to be the fastest browser for me. I've tried the Dolphin which many people tout but I find Chrome to just be screaming fast.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Still no flippin' user agent control - one of the most important missing features and one it boggles my mind has not been implemented in any Android browser made by Google (some 3rd parties add the feature for their devices).

Many sites don't work with the "request desktop site" menu option. Once they decide you're a mobile device, that's it. Or, they change but only return their homepage, not the page you wanted.

I can spoof my user agent on Firefox for Android easily via its handy plugin support.

Oh well. Still typing this on Chrome for Android as it has the most beautiful interface and is the most pleasant to use overall. But seriously Google, get it together will you??!

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Used dolphin for months. Switched to Firefox for speed back on Android 2.3.4. Now that I've got a GS3, I can't tell the difference in speed any more. Think I'll try out Chrome and see how it stacks up. This may be what finally gets me to switch from Firefox on my desktop.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]jonyah[/nom]Can it copy/paste yet? Ugh, I hated it because I couldn't copy text before.[/citation]
It's always been able to do that for me. (Galaxy Nexus under Android 4.1, previously 4.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.