Google Helps Syrians Call in Their Tweets by Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
"Our governments gone to crap, we lost our internet....... I must tweet this.... but......can't......"

Really?

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
We really really need to get off this hydrocarbon fuel addiction so we can start ignoring these fail mideast states and Shell commercials.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]We really really need to get off this hydrocarbon fuel addiction so we can start ignoring these fail mideast states and Shell commercials.[/citation]
Except that most of your oil addiction comes from Canada :p

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
though the Syrian Minister of Information has apparently said the government has nothing to do with the internet blackout (he has been reported as saying terrorists "targeted the internet lines"), the web is down for everyone and the blackout is now into its second day.

On April 7, 2003, Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf 'Baghdad Bob' claimed that there were no American troops in Baghdad, and that the Americans were committing suicide by the hundreds at the city's gates. At that time, American tanks were patrolling the streets only a few hundred meters from the location where the press conference was held, and were clearly visible behind him.[6] His last public appearance as Information Minister was on April 8, 2003, when he said that the Americans "are going to surrender or be burned in their tanks. They will surrender, it is they who will surrender".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0
you don't know who former Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf is, he was the face of the Iraqi regime during the beginning of the Iraq war. Saddam Hussein was nowhere to be found but al-Sahaf, dubbed "Baghdad Bob" by the American press, was on the television spinning fantastic lies about how the war was going for Iraq.

It was of course going badly but you had to respect the man for doing his duty until the end.

known for his daily press briefings in Baghdad during the 2003 Iraq War. His colorful appearances caused him to be nicknamed Baghdad Bob

american special forces arrived at the scene of Baghdad Bob's last press conference missing him by 7 minutes

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
This kind of reminds me of the South Park episode when the internet went out. People traveling to "Cal-i-forn-eye-aye" cause they gotta have some internet there. People with signs saying "will work for internet".

Seriously though, what did these people do before the widespread advent of the internet? Damn, is it now a 'necessity' to have internet access?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Except that most of your oil addiction comes from Canada[/citation]Not if our President has anything to do with it. "Pipeline? We don't need no stinkin' pipeline!"

Anytime I see him talk it reminds me of Precious Roy on Sifl and Olly. "You guys are SUCKERRRRSS!"

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]Not if our President has anything to do with it. "Pipeline? We don't need no stinkin' pipeline!"Anytime I see him talk it reminds me of Precious Roy on Sifl and Olly. "You guys are SUCKERRRRSS!"[/citation]
Yeah.... I still can't understand why obama remains popular in canada, all these protectionist measures and pandering are hurting the next door neighbour who...you know likes to buy from you.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
wow... people here are kind of stupid...

the internet for these countries isnt about cat picutres and seeing that lateset viral youtube video
its about getting real news out so people know, and getting it out to the western world at large too.

Status
Not open for further replies.