Google is Really Disappointed with App Sales

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Cmon on bro, sooner or later you guys will get to the point where you just say "I really like my android device, but apple has done a good job with their stuff and people seem to like them as well".

What if I really believe that the iPhone is an inferior piece of technology?? OK, the retina display is nice. The display can't make up for: Lousy antenna design, no removable storage, no replaceable battery, iTunes, and a locked-down OS. Not to mention the fact that every accessory you buy from Apple will cost 10x what you'd expect to pay for it.

iPhone = FAIL

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I am assuming this has a lot do with the fact there is little control in the Android marketplace? Also, the apps aren't easily syncable/unsyncable like with itunes. Maybe too because most android tablets can't use the Android marketplace?

I have a Droid and I have sold off all my apple crap but even I think Apple has done a millions times better job than Google with apps.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]donovant[/nom]Andriod phone owners dont buy apps because they are tight fisted and most of the apps are crap or dont work, take a leaf of of apples book and vet what goes on the Marketplace and make sure it works on all models and OS versions, then if that happens you can belittle the Iphone as much as you like just because you dont like apple, not that the apple haters have ever used an iphone anyway, but still they know its crap lol.[/citation]
So all apps on apple app store work on all versions of the iphone, ipod touch and ipad?

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Exactly the reason why I stopped developing my app on the Android, but still continue to develop it on the iPhone. Even though I prefer the Android, 93% of my profit came from the iTunes App Store, while only 7% came from the Android store. Just didn't become worth it to continue developing for the Android.[/citation]

Give WP7 a shot. Less competition (for now), easy to dev on, no upfront costs of any import, good dev support infrastructure, and a DEMO system which apparently drives the crap out of sales (per some Android dev that ported to wp7)

oncall

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
"I wouldn't say they're necessarily untintelligent, maybe uninformed or ignorant, or possibly they just have so much money they can afford to waste it on overpriced inferior products..."

Oh yeah that's it. It couldn't be that people with money like making more money and really don't spend a lot of time worrying about what their local geek-squads flavor of the month phone is.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
its just open source at work. no standardization no organization no center for it all.. this is why i hate it. Apple and MS do one thing right. They make a standard and stick with it. iphone though i cant stand it has a standard they make you live by. phone 7 also has this standard. google is open source its going to be plagued by any moron in thier room writing any retarded app they can think of that wont work on 90% of the "distros" out there. so yeah whats the point in buying them. Sure someone can have a good idea and make a good app. But like some have said they cant make it run on most of the phones out there because there are to many different variations. This is why linux has such a hard to grabbing market share not because its a shitty product its because there is no standard backing it. Its just a bunch of different distros with different requirements and different this and that its just a pain in the butt.

Now i just need to go wash my mouth out with soap cuz i said something nice about apple :/

[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]Lol, you guys never cease to amaze me. Common theme here is that Apple users are not intelligent, they don't think about their purchase before they make it, they just follow Apple for no apparent reason. Funny how also these people have the disposable capital to purchase thing their products.[/citation]

Some may consider those who spend upwards of 10x more for something that does the same thing as something else..... stupid and sub par intelligence. Not me though i like watching retards waste money just so they can say they own a logo. I think its awesome. did i forget that those products normally are vary limited as well compared to the much much cheaper version that doesn't tell you how you can use your product? bah o well.

web11

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Google needs to take control of the market and start testing all the apps, and approve them before they are even posted, also give them a seal of approval if its and excelent app. They should also develop a perfomance grade system like A, B, C etc... so if you have a grade C phone then you won't waste your money and time trying to install an app the requires a phone with grade A performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.