Google Kills Google Shoot View, the Street View-based FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreyjasChosen

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Around 1997 I had this same idea...that someone would build a first-person game using a map of the real world. It would be awesome to see my house in virtual form, and walk around my neighborhood in a game. It's still a cool idea, but it shouldn't violate any other company's terms of use, and just being able to shoot innocent bystanders is pretty crappy.

ppumkin

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
You know what- why don't you just download the videa on host it on your server- I mean if it get pulled form yourube and its linked here- your make your article look like shiet... if somebody contacts you on the other hand and says, please remove the video, at least you can update your content and remove it.. with out getting broken links... common! And don't tell me you don'y know how to dl a YouTube video..

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
could have been interesting if it was scripted where the Street view is used as background for character gameplay(including AI). Such a game would never run out of non-repetitive scenery, making it the biggest open-world gameplay.
Now, it only looked like someone pasted a transparency over a screen where streetview was displayed. Meh.

milanovsky

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
This video is not from Google Shoot, it was done in video editor (it is said in author's comments in the end). Quick search in youtube will find you real trailer

intel4eva

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
nevermind the google maps terms of service, what about commercial (i.e. criminal) copyright infringement on art and sound assets from modern warfare 3?

Mikez

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Ahhh, that sucks....With a little bit of work, it could be an MMOFPS =D[/citation]
That would be MAG or any other FPS games that are out there. Like C.O.D. and Battlefield for instance.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Mikez[/nom]That would be MAG or any other FPS games that are out there. Like C.O.D. and Battlefield for instance.[/citation]

mag... not so much, i believe its called Planetside is the only mmofps that i know of, and it suffered due to sever fragmentation on its expansion.

a true mmo fps would be awesome.

njt

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
hey i thought this was a good idea. wouldn't a game be much more involving if you were to be playing in your neck of the woods? perhaps even being able to enter the house you grew up in (imagine if it does not even exist anymore, wouldn't that be excellent?)

Status
Not open for further replies.