Google Launches 'Email Intervention' Gmail Campaign

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

someoneelse

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
hotmail, gmail, yahoo
... not much REAL difference - they all send & recieve emails ( job done )
besides google already know what I search for and what I watch on youtube ( when logged in) why give them moar info?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I still use AOL. :D

Hey the client works faster when deleting E-mails, plus I've got a nice folder set up. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I rarely use hotmail except for MSN Messenger and my XBOX LIVE account. I've had my account compromised quite a few times. I've never had that happen with any other E-mail service. Well, I've had some trouble with Yahoo, but not to the same extent, at all.

I've never liked Gmail's setup. Still don't. Maybe I never invested enough time into it, but I don't think I should bother because I'm happy w/ what I use now.

strandwolf

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
Go ahead and neg me for my comment above (well one already did). You have gotten a warning, which is more than I got.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
gmail deleted my pictures and videos and voice recordings of a loved one that died in '06
in all it was about a GB worth in emails along with a duplicate log of the yahoo IM chats we used to have.
as far as i am concerned i am glad i forwarded a fraction of them to my yahoo account because that was the instant messenger we used for video & voice chat while playing games like eucher. and it was just faster to open them and reference things we said to each other every day.
i had backed up most of them to a d/l folder on a drive that crashed 3 years ago and the back ups back ups of 2 copies each of cd's and dvd's that were damaged by a storm a year later.
i lost all my favorite pictures, emails, and videos of them and am only left with the arguement stuff and problems i forwarded to my yahoo account and 32mb worth of pictures on an sd card for a digital picture frame i asked for, for x-mas the year they died.
i still have emails on my aol and yahoo from as far back as '98.
so pardon me if i haven't jumped back on the trashbining bandwagon known as gmail from that period and on.
aol quit doing those practices before gmail was ever a thought.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I'll get rid of my yahoo mail account when Gmail allows temporary e-mail addresses I can use to combat spam. That feature alone is worth the $25 year price for yahoo mail.

Google needs to get on the ball and add that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.