Google Launching EBook Store Before End of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]I've said it once and I'll say it again, Google is going to take over the world.[/citation]

I only need to worry when they change their server farm to Skynet....

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]I've said it once and I'll say it again, Google is going to take over the world.[/citation]
Correction: Has already taken over loong time agoo...

But I am happy with the Google Overlords, they are friendly, encouraging, and NOT in your face.(book). As expensive as Microsoft is, I still love them too, what's to hate about Win7 ! Nothing! Google and Microsoft forever. The rest can die. That includes Apples current regime. If Apple returns to the Motorola days of yore, then they can tag along once again.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
This would be awesome if they weren't forcing us to tie everything we purchase to a Google account. And of course, they're going to attempt to copyright everything they get their greedy little hands on. Once again Google proves they are against open standards.

Oh well, at least they're throwing their weight behind a universal e-book format. Screw Amazon and their proprietary bulls**t.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]Correction: Has already taken over loong time agoo...But I am happy with the Google Overlords, they are friendly, encouraging, and NOT in your face.(book). As expensive as Microsoft is, I still love them too, what's to hate about Win7 ! Nothing! Google and Microsoft forever. The rest can die. That includes Apples current regime. If Apple returns to the Motorola days of yore, then they can tag along once again.[/citation]
Its kinda sad that most of us hated Microsoft for so long and now that other tech companies have come to the fore (Apple, Facebook, etc), we realize that maybe they weren't so bad after all.

As for Google Books (gBooks?), I think this service sounds excellent. I've bought a dozen or so ebooks through various services and the services are all crap. The DRM is horrible, making it a pain to use the books at all. I've stripped off the DRM, but I want my books to all be stored in one convenient library online. A service that allows me to buy books from many different sources and still keep my library centralized sounds like just the thing I need. This will also help spur competition between the various stores selling the books. I'm hoping for more DRM free books to come out because of this.

himanshu05

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
google ebook store is good decision by google.this will give more and more genuine ebook to the users..and can amazon compete with internet giant google .i had also similar article have a look
http://www.frip.in/google-will-launch-e-book-store/

Status
Not open for further replies.