Google Letting Users Blocks Sites from Results

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]antilycus[/nom]FINALLY, CYA LATER EXPERTS EXCHANGE[/citation]

I really dislike that site as well especially since they always expect you to cough up some money. I did figure out that if you scroll down the page for 10 years you will still get to see most of the replies to the original question though.

This makes the site mildly useful from time to time.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]I really dislike that site as well especially since they always expect you to cough up some money. I did figure out that if you scroll down the page for 10 years you will still get to see most of the replies to the original question though. This makes the site mildly useful from time to time.[/citation]
I somehow managed to get a free account on that site when it first started. I seemed to be grandfathered in for free until about 6 months ago. It was actually pretty useful when it was free. No way would I pay for it now though.

I'm personally looking forward to blocking all of those sites that are just keyword trolls. Or when I try to look up a phone number and I get back pages with giant lists of phone numbers.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Google has introduced a link that will appear when you click "back" on your browser to return to the Google results.
When I search, I open a few results in new tabs while still at the search page and don't close the search page at all afterward. I would like a block command being there all the time.
Something that maybe they could add is allowing me to have templates for when in work mode and pron mode, haha, if not I will just use different accounts for my favourite search engine.

G

firefox addon to block google results in 3 ways

1.block http://subdomain.domain.ending
2.block single search result for single search query
3.block single search result for any search query

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/g-clean/

Status
Not open for further replies.