Google Maps vs Waze: Which Is Better for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2018
A year after closing MapMaker -- Google Maps are very outdated: especially pedestrians and bicycle ways, but also new roads are available after 2-3 months, new addresses aren't available. Of course there is theoretical possibility to report problems, but most reports goes to "black hole".
New roads are updated in Waze in the day of opening, but Waze is good only to drivers (not to tourists nor bicyclers).
To me the best map is OpenStreetMap -- it is many more precise than GMaps and Waze, it is perfect in mountains and in forrest, it is good to pedestrinans in foreign city. The map is very current in my country.

Aug 10, 2018
I usually use Waze, but recently used Google Maps and really liked the lane assist feature that helps you figure out which lane to be in on those massive highway intersections where there are ten lanes to choose from. It also helps on smaller streets where there are two left turn lanes.

So I was considering switching to Google Maps for a recent road trip, but stuck with Waze because Google Maps doesn't have a speedometer or show the current speed limit like Waze does. It's a minor detail but I realized that I'd prefer to have that than lane assist.

Just my $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.