Google, Motorola Must Give Android Data to Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Zero-2[/nom]And Apple has to do with Android's development.... how?[/citation]

Fear. Simple fear. Imagine if Google had the ability to just design phones for Android and then the others built around it. Instead of Google relying on someone else they would have total control.

It would be more like Apple and the iPhone and Apple fears that if that happens, Android would spread faster and take more of that money grubbing companies market share.

Android itself is better than iOS, thats a given. But if Google can design their own phones it will change the game quite a bit.

It would be the same as if Microsoft started to design their own phones for Windows 8 instead of relying on other companies.

Thats not to say there wont be other Android phones from other manufactures, but Google having their own phones makes Apple shake.

And instead of rising to the challenge and fighting properly, they will try to stop it from ever happening.

Borisblade7

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Apple tries to pretend they invented everything, they are like al gore and the internet. They didnt invent tablets or smart phones, or voice recognition, or touch displays or pretty much anything. They just did better on the software end for getting people to join their sad cult.

Its pathetic they try to stiffle the entire industry and pretend they are protecting things they invented. They need to stop this crap, innovation and openness is what will drive technology. Apple is the complete opposite of that and just slows things up. I cant wait til they burn out again and go back to being mediocre so they stop screwing things up for the rest of us.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I'd like to see all the other companies turn around and sue the hell out of Apple. It seems most of the lawsuit articles are about Apple suing someone over something stupid. It they turned around and returned the favor, I'm sure things would be different. I guess the problem is, where the various companies are busy innovating, Apple's busy not so they have more time and resources to sh*t into frivolous lawsuits.

cumi2k4

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Of course apple will demand to see android development....where else would they look to "invent" something completely new, innovative and completely "apple did it first"???

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
I don't understand why some of you people are so outraged, such as saying

[citation][nom]mattberrytr[/nom]die in a fire apple[/citation]

or

[citation][nom]bigmets31[/nom]Apple acts like bullies. It's pathetic.[/citation]

This is just a court of law deeming that certain information (nothing to do with future Android enhancements), mainly to do with the takeover deal, are relevant to a legal case in which Apple is suing over 6 patents and Motorola is counter-suing over 3.

Why on earth would you define this as 'bullying' or even bad behaviour by Apple? It has nothing to do with any customers and it costs nothing, it causes no harm whatsoever, and it doesn't involve any future Android enhancements at all..

Honestly, it's like some of you start out with the premise 'I want to hate Apple' and try to shoehorn everything into evidence for why. Crazy!

G

@watcha get with the times.
apple sues EVERYONE for the tinyiest crap.

and who knows what apple will do with that information? perhaps set aside 10k for virus programmers and give them the information acquired....

it causes unnecessary security flaws. when something is secure not everyone needs to know how secure it is. they just need to know it is secure.

and yes it can cost the customers, it can cost time for updates? wanna wait another month for your upgrade?

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]xdgf34[/nom]@watcha get with the times.apple sues EVERYONE for the tinyiest crap.and who knows what apple will do with that information? perhaps set aside 10k for virus programmers and give them the information acquired....it causes unnecessary security flaws. when something is secure not everyone needs to know how secure it is. they just need to know it is secure.and yes it can cost the customers, it can cost time for updates? wanna wait another month for your upgrade?[/citation]

xdgf34, I know very well what lawsuits are going on. But this article isn't about Apple suing. This article is about a court deciding what information is necessary for the correct decision to be made.

That information has nothing to do with the security of Android, since Android is 'open source' anyway - the information is about the merger mainly, and how it affects the case.

It doesn't cost the customer anything for Motorola and Google to provide this information, and has no impact whatsoever on any Android updates. Android updates are ridiculously slow for reasons totally independent of this article.

G

What kind of biz is Apple doing? They were an unabashed copy-cat at the beginning and now they are out to get everyone who remotely look like them; but the reality is just that, there are only few or even just one way to push on to a newer technological level, we might as well just drop the smartphones and going back to BREW phones, have it your way, Apple.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Steve Jobs and company were trying to halt innovation; Sarah Connor and company were trying to halt innovation too;
Steve Jobs died of cancer; Sarah Connor died of some form of cancer too;
Coincidence?
If you look at how the AI will rule the world, then Apple bullying around is doing the world a favour. Looking at everything else, though, as a consumer, I have to go with: [citation][nom]mattberrytr[/nom]die in a fire apple[/citation]

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
It should be illegal for Apple to demand info on Android like this.

Especially Apple history of stealing opensource and turning it into forpay. Ummmmm, me think Apple is working on its new invention; if you know what I mean? Its much better to copy and steal than to, well, INVENT. Tis the Apple way of getting out in front. Steal steal steal and lie lie lie to its herd of prerational iCrapped zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.