Google Music Now Has Music Matching Like iTunes, But Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
I'm surprised they weren't doing this all along. Who wants to store 200,000 versions of "Some Nights" instead of 1 (or even 5 or 10). Even if the client was md5ing all the music and only keeping unique ones...it'd allow at least everybody who downloads from any given service or anything distributed digitally to be consolidated big time.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]Google's music is bad. I don't want my music in the "cloud", I want to download it to my device.[/citation]
um...you can. i think 5 separate downloads (although it is drm-free, so you could download once and share amongst your devices if you felt like it).

most inconvenient thing i saw was the one file (download) at a time limitation without installing the client. probably a browser issue, though, more than a service problem.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]becherovka[/nom]Have they fixed that because I cant see Mbps..[/citation]

It's in the title.
And Google, this is stupid release it to us in Australia.. You have the licenses but you still haven't..

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I wish they had this back when I uploaded my library. Slow connection... took weeks to get them uploaded.

Now, if Google would increase the ceiling from 20k I'll be very happy. 100k would be nice.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
How long until the RIAA get a court to allow them to check YOUR list of sound files for legit versions vs torrent versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.