Google No Longer Investigating Fix for Nexus One

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timjsaunders

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I was just about to purchase a N1 but now I'm going to buy an iPhone instead. The phones should be recalled if they don't work properly. This marks the first time I've been disappointed with Google. I used to think they could do no wrong.

jgalecio

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]timjsaunders[/nom]I was just about to purchase a N1 but now I'm going to buy an iPhone instead. The phones should be recalled if they don't work properly. This marks the first time I've been disappointed with Google. I used to think they could do no wrong.[/citation]
I would actually chalk that up to tmobiles coverage. Imy sim replaced and the 3g and dropped calls have improved quite a bit. Funny thing is my co-workers have the nexus one on att and they have no problems. Go figure lol.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I hope they fix the design of how the antenna is implemented and headset jack (the inset design was a bad idea because it makes it so certain [expensive] headsets don't work well).

I love the phone, but those two things need improvement badly. And the music application...

daworstplaya

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
[citation][nom]toastninja17[/nom]Really Google?? Really? You suck. I don't even have a Nexus One (my dad does) but seriously. For a company like you, this is the best you can come up with?? Spend some money on R&D, or rather just the "R" part of that!!! C'mon. Make stuff work.[/citation]

Really? Make stuff work? How about you make stuff work? Easier said than done. Obviously the problem is with the hardware in the phone and despite all the software updates there is little that can be done about the hardware issue. Perhaps a newer hardware version will fix the issue.

oncall

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
[citation][nom]daworstplaya[/nom]Really? Make stuff work? How about you make stuff work? Easier said than done. Obviously the problem is with the hardware in the phone and despite all the software updates there is little that can be done about the hardware issue. Perhaps a newer hardware version will fix the issue.[/citation]

How long has this phone been out? Not even two months, and they are already throwing in the towel? "Sorry, we cannot fix it, so we're moving on to the Nexus 2. Be sure to check back with us when your contract is up for renewal"

mortanis

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]daworstplaya[/nom]Really? Make stuff work? How about you make stuff work? Easier said than done. Obviously the problem is with the hardware in the phone and despite all the software updates there is little that can be done about the hardware issue. Perhaps a newer hardware version will fix the issue.[/citation]

[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]I think I live in a problem zone. Coverage and clarity are not very good.[/citation]

lol
I'm pretty neutral about the whole apple thing. Some of their things I like, others I don't. But I can't help but notice that when it isn't an apple product then its, oh well, it isn't their fault. But when it IS an apple product, then holy cow, watch the insults towards apple start flying. Just goes to show the bias and loyalty people can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.