Google No Longer Investigating Fix for Nexus One

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
wow,thats some Apple arrogance right there.Guess thats what you get when you have companies with ego making devices,if it doesnt work then youre the problem.

jossrik

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
Personally, I like the change your location... My little brother used to tell me that when my cell reception was shoddy. Of course it's going to work better in some places than others.

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I think its just people expect it to be faster than T-Mobile's network is. 3G is slow. No matter how you think of it. Its no cable or broadband internet. It's only about 130 kb/s. I know according to standards it's supposed to be about 200. Consumer Reports did an article on the 3G speed of all networks and it topped out at 160. By all means this stuff isn't fast.

If you live in a city your connectivity isn't going to be that great anyways. Or if you live in a hilly area. It's common sense. There will be black spots in a lot of places you don't want them to be. It's a major drawback of this kind of technology.

In the end people just want technology to magically work.

Oh, since Apple was mentioned with Google in an article recently. This is all a marketing play. Play down Google's service and play up their own.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
haha. i love how all of you bashed the iPad when apple said to "move your router" with the wifi issue. eat your words google whores. someone even called this "Apple arrogance". jesus christ, even when google makes a fub it's apple's fault.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]rajangel[/nom]I think its just people expect it to be faster than T-Mobile's network is. 3G is slow. No matter how you think of it. Its no cable or broadband internet. It's only about 130 kb/s. I know according to standards it's supposed to be about 200. Consumer Reports did an article on the 3G speed of all networks and it topped out at 160. By all means this stuff isn't fast. If you live in a city your connectivity isn't going to be that great anyways. Or if you live in a hilly area. It's common sense. There will be black spots in a lot of places you don't want them to be. It's a major drawback of this kind of technology. In the end people just want technology to magically work. Oh, since Apple was mentioned with Google in an article recently. This is all a marketing play. Play down Google's service and play up their own.[/citation]

There are people with Nexus Ones who had three bars of coverage at home with their old phone and one or no bars with the Nexus One. I know living outside of big cities can mean crappier coverage but if you're getting decent coverage with smartphone A and getting bad coverage with smartphone B in the exact same place then something is wrong.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Really Google?? Really? You suck. I don't even have a Nexus One (my dad does) but seriously. For a company like you, this is the best you can come up with?? Spend some money on R&D, or rather just the "R" part of that!!! C'mon. Make stuff work.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]koss64[/nom]wow,thats some Apple arrogance right there.Guess thats what you get when you have companies with ego making devices,if it doesnt work then youre the problem.[/citation]
You do realize you just described every company, don't you?

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
They are prepping and upgrade to 2.2 so why should they care about 2.1 and 3G issues if it is fixed in 2.2. They have yet to officially announce 2.2 so they wouldn't just tell people that they fixed it in 2.2 in a blog.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I always thought new phones were tested widely to ensure signal quality was what it should be. I think I am going to stay away from google's phones if they are unwilling to even properly test them before releasing them to be sold.

jgalecio

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Theres always teh chance of the issue having been resolved in the upcoming 2.2 update in May. If so I dont know why google would wait to realease the patch un;ess it required a major overhaul to the OS. Hope 2.2 brings smoother UI interface though =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS