Google Now Testing Augmented Reality Glasses

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
There's nothing innovative about this since this has been done for years.

What apple, Google and Microsoft main goals is to create a market for products and services. Innovation may or may not be apart of this process.

My comment has nothing to do with Apple or any other company. More from a worry about how much more personal data google will collect so I wouldn't use this product.

If apple, Cisco, microsoft, etc. had the same product and would collect all my personal data I would also not use their products.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I can see a future Facebook plugin where you walk down the street, look at a person, and instantly get their Facebook page displayed. Optional upgrades include criminal background check, Credit Score and the last 3 Tax Returns. We call it Pre-Dating Info :)

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
It sounds like a great idea until you see everyone walking around talking to "themselves" and making strange requests about pictures and music and buying tickets. It's funny already to see people with bluetooth headsets... I love technology but these folks would look silly. I hope that's not what "mainstream" people are going to be doing in a few years.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
But I'm blind in the right eye... Left eye version? I kid about the blindness thing, but hey fixed eye position won't work for everyone. can't wait to try them out. They sound cool.

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! PLZ MAKE IT WORK =D

Just one thing wrong with it, and I know this because I already wear prescription glasses... NOTHING can go in the center of the fov... everything must be around it, like the maps and stuff like that... and thats about it, everything else looks promissing!! Can't wait to get mine =D

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
How about... what if t he wearer sees the command KILL ALL HUMANS?! Or after talking to the girl, she tells him that she is leaving him for another woman and he jumps off the building while she watches...

Status
Not open for further replies.