Google Pays Apple $100,000,000/Year for Search

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooks G

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
[citation][nom]crom[/nom]I seriously don't see anything dethroning the iPhone, at least in the short term. Even the current Android phones still lack the simplicity and full integration of the iPhone. Its getting better, but Apple beat everyone to the punch with these style of phones, and it still has the best one. Google would have to do a deal with the music and television industry to allow content to be purchased or downloaded directly through an easy interface. Here's a suggestion for Google, instead of paying Apple that sort of cash, why not pull their apps from the iPhone and make them Android only? The YouTube player, Google Maps, voice search, etc.[/citation]
the google maps part would really piss em off since everyone wants to have that option

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]I think it's the latter. Apple knows that Android devices are going to take over the market and render the iPhone a niche just like the Mac. They are trying their best to delay the inevitable.[/citation]

Not with the iPhone's revolutionary touchscreen.

Seriously though, the thing i hate more than Apple tryin posting BS about their products (ie Mac and iPad) is the fact how most anti-apple morons dismiss a product like iphone and supposedly predict that the iphone will be overtaken by the android BS and other such smartphones. Don't you realize ? the apps and the fancy interface isnt the only reason why iPhone is leading.. it's also the ease of use of the iPhone ie amazing touch screen...to which nothing, i repeat nothing comes close to.. even after so many years.. (seriously, the market should be embarassed.)

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]If only 0.01% of that money went to me... I could make a decent living.[/citation]

You're gonna make a decent living off of ten thousand dollars? Where?

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Its quite interesting how anyone making pro iPhone comments get rated down. :) Really is quite childish.

As said before there is no way Android will catch or outsell the iPhone as the general public just do not know anything about it.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
LOL talk about anticompetitive practices here, I smell a lawsuit coming up. First wrong by google to pay money since lesser search competitors don't have those funds. Secondly wrong by Apple to take the money. It's only a matter of time but seriously, Microsoft lost huge legal cases by bundling their own browser with their OS...

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Its quite interesting how anyone making pro iPhone comments get rated down. Really is quite childish.As said before there is no way Android will catch or outsell the iPhone as the general public just do not know anything about it.[/citation]

I know eh ? Sort of like a 14 yr old that can't find a reputable rebuttal/comeback, so he simply resorts to cussing and retarded "insults" ie man: You're so inadvertently stupid !! kid: uhh..your..your.. face is stupid!!

They can't find strong points against it (that general ppl wud care about) and so they resort to such "methods" of debate.

That being said, i still hate iPad and Macs so no im NOT a fanboy... and henceforth, not being bias.

G

the article is crap. No such news can go out as this information is not public how who pays to whom.
Second: the deal is: you put the searc has default and you can use maps and others. Otherwise everything google branded is off the iphone and it gets uesless... =) but still good looking mp3 player.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
No wonder most browsers come with Google search built in, as well as it's no wonder why Apple won't allow real competition in browsers for the iPhone. No doubt Opera could get a nice share of those 100,000,000 if they were allowed.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
@Timbo.. LMAO! Fail at math did you?
.01% of 100,000,000= 1,000,000. Which while wouldn't be to easy these days if you played you're money right you could live off a million dollars quiet comfortably.

G

".01% of 100,000,000= 1,000,000"

.01% of one hundred million into google.

Please.

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]@Timbo.. LMAO! Fail at math did you? .01% of 100,000,000= 1,000,000. Which while wouldn't be to easy these days if you played you're money right you could live off a million dollars quiet comfortably.[/citation]

Let me break it down for you, Einstein:
100% = the whole thing, 100,000,000
10% = 10,000,000
1% = 1,000,000
.1% = 100,000
.01% = 10,000
And to think my tax dollars went to help fund your education...

applocalypse

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
This is a sign of the coming Applocalypse.

Jonathan Ive is the first rider, and the iPod his white horse. He is the false prophet spreading music downloads to the masses like some kind of new religion. Many unsuspecting souls were baptized in the digital river of iTunes.

Jon Rubenstein is the second rider, and the Palm Pre his red horse. He spreads conflict and war with his coming, inciting the masses to fight for the iTunes they longed for. He is the trickster, wearing many faces and USB identifiers in his quest to sew hate among the unsync'd masses.

Steve Jobs is the third rider, the iPad his dark horse. He brings with him famine and drought, starving the masses of their multimedia sustenance and cheap books. His vision is singular in purpose, because people don't need to have multiple visions going at the same time anyway.

Who can predict the forth rider's identity, and what pale horse he will ride. Although it could be Steve Jobs, since he has been looking rather pale lately. But that rider will bring death to the computer world as we know it, the broken corpses of desktops and laptops crushed beneath the onslaught of handheld devices. The seals have been broken, the riders have unleashed their evil plans upon the world. Nothing can be done to stop what looms ahead.

The Applocalypse is upon us.........

doom....Doom.....DOOM!!!!!

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Wow, elemental that's a big word, we must have a third grader here.........[/citation]
Talking to you is like arguing with Pauly Shore. OMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.