Google Pixel vs. Nexus: Better Phone at a Higher Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daekar3

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
I'm inclined to wait for official reviews before making judgement on these, but right off the bat there are two must-haves that are missing: wireless charging and waterproofing. I don't care about lack of SD card support anymore, I'll buy the 128GB version. I don't care about non-replaceable battery anymore, every time I try to replace a battery it just makes my phone unstable or doesn't last... but for those two concessions I expect more.

Why do they think that a feature that diminishes the longevity of the battery (super-duper fast charging) is an acceptable replacement for wireless charging? How is it still acceptable to make a phone that costs closing in on $1000 that is destroyed by water?

And what the heck is it with making phones out of glass? Who is the joker that thinks a fragile material like that is a good candidate for something that will be dropped many times in its service life?

Seriously, Google. I wanted to want this phone, and all you've done is sell me on a Galaxy S7 as my next phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.