Google Play Now Loaded with TV Shows, Mags, More

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
It doesn't have to be better than iPad to compete. It just has to sell. Thats takes a potential buyer off the market. Duh.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
..."This will undoubtedly put a hurting on Amazon's attempts to corner the Android market, but unlikely to put a dent in Apple's current reign as King of the Tablets."

Obvious attempt to start a flame war here, as opening up the Play market has nothing to do with being a king of the tablet, or whatever Kevin is trying to sell here. It's about content, not physical hardware. He could have referred to the AppStore in comparison to this, but even that would be pointless, because at this moment both markets have a vast content, you would be very hard pressed to find something on one of them without finding something similar on the other one.
Therefore, while the first half of the phrase kinda is on topic, the second part is pure trolling. Not cool, Kevin!

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Was seriously hoping for better prices. While I find Amazon Prime's "free" streaming content a bit lacking, at least it's there. Will Google provide a similar sub-set of "free" streaming content if you, say, pay per year for Google's services? (like drive, music, etc.?). Otherwise, I'm entirely unimpressed with current pricings. I'm happy to pay for things where there's value (or conversely pass them by when they are not at the right price). These prices aren't really knocking my socks off.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Pfft... Buy my ass.

The only option I have is rent.
And that's only for movies, we don't get music or TV shows here on Google Play.

Magazines? NOPE don't get that either.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
If steaming video is your desire then just get NetFlix App for Android. For $20 more per year you can get NetFlix that has better content than Amazon Instant Video, but no free 2-day shipping. Just stick to purchasing $25+ for free shipping from Amazon supported vendors.

G

[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Pfft... Buy my ass.The only option I have is rent.And that's only for movies, we don't get music or TV shows here on Google Play.Magazines? NOPE don't get that either.[/citation]

Hostage situation eh? I see you were able to escape the grasp of your captors and make it to a computer for a singular message (your location would have been nice). The Tom's Hardware community and I will attempt to rescue you from the evil clutches of Oprah, just in time for the 4th.

P.S. - We'll bring some magazines XD

Status
Not open for further replies.