Google Ranked Number One Place to Work (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I was kinda expecting Apple to be one of the top considering the stupidly large cash reserve it sat on (and never gave away even a single cent until after Steve Jobs passed away).

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I was kinda expecting Apple to be one of the top considering the stupidly large cash reserve it sat on (and never gave away even a single cent until after Steve Jobs passed away).[/citation]They finally started giving dividends. It's 5x less than an average dividend, but it's available now when before they gave zero.

G

You left out the #2 firm on the list, also a tech firm, SAS.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I was kinda expecting Apple to be one of the top considering the stupidly large cash reserve it sat on (and never gave away even a single cent until after Steve Jobs passed away).[/citation]
from what i hear, working for apple is like working in a prison.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]makafri[/nom]I think valve should be a great place to work....[/citation]

It's been recognized as the best gaming company to work for. Maybe it's just too small of a company to make the list.

synd

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I'm surprised Valve wasn't in the list. Usually Valve is the best place to work.
(http://www.valvesoftware.com/company/Valve_Handbook_LowRes.pdf)

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]from what i hear, working for apple is like working in a prison.[/citation]

Well, Steve Jobs did fire entire project teams because he didn't like what they created, and routinely dropped the F-bomb when someone proposed an idea he didn't like...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Well, Steve Jobs did fire entire project teams because he didn't like what they created, and routinely dropped the F-bomb when someone proposed an idea he didn't like...[/citation]

im thinking more the reports of having your cellphone taken and searched.
they give you the iphone so its technically the companies, and they are allowed to.
or also the reports of lockdowns till the searches are over.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I wonder if the report only looks at a single location, after all Apple (and to an extent Google) have hardware built in China under atrocious conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.