Google+ Reaches 500 Million Users, 135 Million Active Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironslice

Honorable
May 1, 2012
135 Million Active Users = Logs in once a month...

I log in more than once a month by accident on my phone, I am do not consider myself an active user. Unfortunately, these numbers are still pretty terrible. I personally think its much better than Facebook, but all my friends are on Facebook and I'm not gonna switch unless everyone else does.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]On dial-up, Google+ is unusuable. Facebook works.[/citation]

Facebook "works" ?

Facebook has one of the worst user interfaces I've ever seen; and I do this for a living.
Talk about non-intuitive and a humongous waste of time.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
i still can't navigate the facebook app on my phone, it's crap! Google+ definitely has the more solid mobile interface...

Unfortunately none of my friends use Google+ so I'm stuck with the facebook.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
My friends, family, co-workers and bosses are on facebook, and that is why my facebook profile is immaculate.
Google wants me to be like that on Google+? Ain't nobody got time for that! (2 or more clean profiles to share non incriminating, non sexist jokes to). Google kicked me off from google+ because I was using a moniker, Virtualban, for the web activities, something that even if not 100% unique, is still mostly mine. Too bad for them. I won't be sharing 9gag un-orthodox posts that I might find funny and would not share on facebook. Google will still monitor my search habits, but won't get me to enter their 'circles'.

p.s. the reason for facebook is the same as why Chuck Norris uses softener for washing clothes: So he can blend in with normal people.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]alexthager[/nom]You mean "500 Million users because anyone who signs up for Gmail automatically has a Google+ account."[/citation]

or youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.