Google Releases Earth 7 With New 3D Image Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimjam_05

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
What app did you use to create those images. using google earth on a computer or android it looks nothing like what you've put up. The trees look fine the buildings are not distorted.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
lol really. You expect that Google or anybody for that matter can render trees as anything but blocks using satellite data? Hullo! Welcome to the age of magic where looking at something from the top can tell you what something looks like from the side and where data storage and processing power is infinite so that full landscape geometry can be inferred from street view data. Wake up dumbasses and realise that its about as good as its going to get for now until a swarm of autonomous mapping bots can scan the planet in minute detail. It looks much, much better than Apple's attempt to me though which I think is not surprising.

scooterboi

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
[citation][nom]The_Trutherizer[/nom]lol really. You expect that Google or anybody for that matter can render trees as anything but blocks using satellite data? Hullo! Welcome to the age of magic where looking at something from the top can tell you what something looks like from the side and where data storage and processing power is infinite so that full landscape geometry can be inferred from street view data. Wake up dumbasses and realise that its about as good as its going to get for now until a swarm of autonomous mapping bots can scan the planet in minute detail. It looks much, much better than Apple's attempt to me though which I think is not surprising.[/citation]
i wonder where are these kind of comments when apple release their map? oh wait, tom's is full of blind haters that's it.

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
[citation][nom]scooterboi[/nom]i wonder where are these kind of comments when apple release their map? oh wait, tom's is full of blind haters that's it.[/citation]

Blind? I don't think anyone has ever praised Google's 3D imaging techniques either. Apple Maps is just a terrible product all around, which is why it gets so much hate from anywhere. You have to be blind to think that Apple maps are a superior to Google's. 3D rendering aside (which is more form than function, i.e. not particularly useful on any platform), Google maps has accurate traffic, destination calculations and routes, local and route labels, business information, parks and bridges, and oodles of other well aggregated information. All of which Apple Maps has common or frequent errors in. I can use Google maps happily when traveling. But I can't use Apple Maps in the same way-- I have switch to another service on iOS like MapQuest or Waze, and most Apple users do too because the mistakes make its use too difficult! Everyone hates Apple Maps, including a lot of Apple users.

tl;dr, Don't be an accusatory tool, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.