Google Rolls Out New Gmail Compose Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Just used it a few times to send some business emails, I like the idea of it. Seems like a neat way to improve efficiency.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Tried it, sucks, went back to standard compose.[/citation]

The reason it sucks is it can't be resized or moved without undocking to a separate browser window. I prefer Yahoo Mail's approach with tabs, but it would be trivial for Gmail to implement resizing/moving so I guess it has potential, just not very useful as it is now.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Tried it, sucks, went back to standard compose.[/citation]
Not sure what made it suck, it actually improved productivity here.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007

Also tried it, also sucked. The screen is tiny and every time you try to correct a address it removes the entire thing. Had to CC and BCC a bunch of people and it kept removing people, so I got pissed off that change it back. Needs work to be worthwhile.

eijiyuki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]The reason it sucks is it can't be resized or moved without undocking to a separate browser window. I prefer Yahoo Mail's approach with tabs, but it would be trivial for Gmail to implement resizing/moving so I guess it has potential, just not very useful as it is now.[/citation]

I was disappointed that it can't be moved at least, but in no way does it "suck." It has all the same features as before and it still improves efficiency many times. if you say it sucks that means Gmail before sucked as well.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i switched to html gmail when they changed the look of gmail because i hated what they changed it to so much.

so im guessing this doesn't effect me at all.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
The best part that I recently discovered in Gmail, was the dropdown arrow box to the right of the actual inbox, you can resort the way messages appear, I totally didn't know that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.