Google Rolls Out New Gmail to All Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Hahahahaha had this for months!

got to love developer status, where you get all the perks early!

Don't like the new interface though, too empty, too little contrast.

mrsphex

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
I started using it this morning through my school Gmail account. Using the 13" MacBook from school, It looks really good on Compact, but Cozy and Comfortable just seem very awkward on such a low resolution. I like the new look on compact though, it is just a bit empty like others have been saying.

G

Typo Alert: "Google has mentioned when (or even if) this might happen, but that tends to be the status quo for redesigns."

Should read has not mentioned.

shoelessinsight

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
I generally like it, but the translucent background it uses can make emails really hard to read with themes enabled. I'll happily switch over to the new look once they fix that issue. Until then, I'll keep using the old look.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Good design google.

[citation][nom]mcarson86[/nom]Typo Alert: "Google has mentioned when (or even if) this might happen, but that tends to be the status quo for redesigns."Should read has not mentioned.[/citation]

The third typo today. OUCH

tee1up

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
The old interface feels nice and tight spreadsheet like). With the new one I feel like I am wandering through someone's blog page.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
You will automatically get upgraded to the new look soon. If you don't want to wait for the new look, you can switch to it today.

Sounds like they state that everyone will get the new look.

I'll have to reserve my opinion for after using it for a while. At first glance it seems more modern, but I'm not sure I'll like how big everything is.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Hahahahaha had this for months!got to love developer status, where you get all the perks early!Don't like the new interface though, too empty, too little contrast.[/citation]
Same here. I forgot that they hadn't officially released it. I don't mind the new looks though it is a little empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.