Google Shutting Down Motorola's Local Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Is that do no evil? You bought a competitive company with many people depending on it for livelihoods. You had the resources to bring out highly desirable Android products and opportunities to experience real sales growth. Instead you used this company just to get your hands on patents and now you just want to lay the workforce off. If all you wanted was just the patents then why didn't you just buy them and leave the company with a fighting chance of running as an ongoing concern.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Psst... if you want more sales, Motorola, use completely STOCK ANDROID, and provide fast updates without carrier crap! It's funny how everyone's ignoring the obvious, easy solution here... (which is why I'll be sticking with Nexus devices)

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Psst... if you want more sales, Motorola, use completely STOCK ANDROID, and provide fast updates without carrier crap! It's funny how everyone's ignoring the obvious, easy solution here... (which is why I'll be sticking with Nexus devices)[/citation]

They already said they don't ship with stock android on the phones.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]StevesBallmer[/nom]Cool! I hope they shut down Motorola Next![/citation]
Google can only shut down Motorola Mobility (cell phones) as they split Motorola up in 2011 and mobility was bought up in a hurry by Google while Motorola Solutions (radios) is still independent.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
I interpret this as Google replacing Motorola's support system with their own. The problem is that Google has no support system. Ever try to get support for a Google service? There is none.

Status
Not open for further replies.