Google Snooped Emails & Passwords From Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
"This admission could have privacy folks even more skeptical of what happens at Google."

And yet these "privacy folks" have nothing to say about these "victims" operating unencrypted WiFi networks?

prodigygamer

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
"We work hard at Google to earn your trust, and we’re acutely aware that we failed badly here," Eustace said.

Typo :)

I think Google is up to no good but they are smart enough to cover their tracks and are good liars! as are any major company seeking to gain an advantage over the rest.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
How do you mistakenly collect data of this kind? Google couldn't figure out that they were capturing and storing data from wireless signals? That's default behavior for the metal in the cars they were using? It just happened, somehow,unknown? What????

G

If steve jobs was the culprit it would be as followed:

"It's not the google vans that are the problem, people are just (metaphorically) holding their wifi networks the wrong way. It's the consumers fault"

Hey wait that's actually a valid response...oh shi

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I heard about this back in August/September on NPR...apparently it started in Germany and an investigation was done which led to the US.

p.s. Lol at the clever phrase at the top.

ira176

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
Google knew what they were getting and in my opinion should have been straight forward about it and fixed the issue as soon as possible. It is also a wake up call for those who run unsecured wireless networks where anyone with a more sinister scheme could have wrecked havock.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]serra[/nom]I can't see how someone who values their privacy can use an unencrypted network.[/citation]
The www is unencrypted as well. Let's argue ethics instead.

stratplaya

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
What's with all this spam?

Anyways, Google also works hard to dodge taxes and yet some on this site still think MS are they bad guys. WTF?

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Holy crap that's one freakingly long spam. Am I the only one noticing decrease in comments? I'm sure this spam ain't stranger to that phenomenon...

MisterJohnnyT

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Yes, the spam is getting horrible here... TOMS, you better fix it, or your viewers will go elsewhere. I stopped watching tv because of the commercials, and I will certainly stop visiting these articles because of the spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.