Google Street View Car Drivers Can Get Lost Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Wow, those cars and the equipment on them seem a lot beefier than the one which came around my street!

...Of course the may actually have a GPS, those things aren't infallible, especially if the road layout has changed since you last updated. A GPS once instructed me to drive off the side of a bridge...

Hamsterabed

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
If you look at all of the street view images in the area it looks like they went over that area a lot for some reason. If you go down the other side of the street, multiple street view cars can be seen with 3 different amounts of light and one of the captures looks like the road is wet from rain. Maybe they were having trouble with their GPS systems all together like a random failure and decided to just throw as many cars as they could at it to try and get a decent set between all of them.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]mi1ez[/nom]They're the same as the one that cut me up last year. Wanker.[/citation]

Besides that, all three cars have their drivers in it. So I guess that's just a random guy on the map while the cars are passing by. I don't think it's google consulting a map, not in my book. Just a lucky shot, that's all.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]mi1ez[/nom]Those cars are nowhere near the kerbside, I'm not so sure they're parked.[/citation]

Besides that, all three cars have their drivers in it. So I guess that's just a random guy on the map while the cars are passing by. I don't think it's google consulting a map, not in my book. Just a lucky shot, that's all.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah, and just imagine we thought it was impossible to drive into a lake....
There goes the shortest way to anywhere... we'll be following the gCars in circles.....

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
surprising that no one has noticed yet that these cars are still on the road, and not parked on the parking spot on the side...

also from the height the shot was taken from you can tell it was taken from a 4th car, and chances are they just happened to catch a random man looking at the map thingy, and see if people would fall for this...

in other words... they probably did not get lost.. it is just a joke

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]BladeVenom[/nom]Why are the license plates blurred. You need to protect Google's privacy as the violate everyone else's?[/citation]
Google blocks out your faces and license plates. people need to grow up, they are not privacy invading monsters.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
People often dont realize this projects ambitious goal. Its truly a remarkable task and Google does deserve a recognition for digitizing the globe. This global library will only get better and decades down the road, you have the whole planet earth captured on photo

G

I only use Google Maps for satellite images. For actual directions I stick with MapQuest. Google Maps is too inaccurate, and streets are often missing from it entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.