Google Street View is Going Indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]alterecho[/nom]This view comes in handy for newly visiting burglars.[/citation]

Same argument used by people who ask google to remove their house from streetview. Silly person.

3ddraft

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
I think it's cool. The creepy part would be if they didn't require businesses to apply and notify their customers. With this, you can find reviews online and then double check if it's a place you want to visit. I just wish the timestamp of the images was easier to find.

G

I think the burger comments are getting kind of stupid. These Are Businesses! They are open to the public all the time. This is about as creepy as allowing all sorts of people in and out of a store all day every day without checking everyone's ID at the door. When Google starts doing this to peoples homes or places that don't volunteer, than you can complain about something.

G

I think its safe to say your average burglar doesn't even know what Google maps is let alone the ability to use street view to scope out there next target.

elbert

Distinguished
This would be cool if Google could introduce a click-able sales system. Company's could just upload new 360 degree views when they change products. Virtually walk though would be much better than any sales site as you often over look things you may want. This would reduce the frustration of older buys who have trouble working though the hierarchical links in current web sites.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I think it's cool. The business has to sign up for it, and people's faces are blurred out anyway. Could be a great way for potential customers to check out a shop/restaurant beforehand.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Nothing creepy since it's not quite creeping in when the owner has given permission. Also it is only for those who are willing to participate. And hey, who needs Google View to break into the shop when it is free for public viewing any day? Nothing to be alert about. Just don't really know what would it be used for exactly...

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
They got chased out of a couple of towns just for doing this outside on the street. I foresee lynching and burnings at the stake for this.

jlats26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Seems like this would be insanely time consuming to physically take a picture inside of every business in North America that wishes to be photographed (who wouldn't want free advertising).

Status
Not open for further replies.