Google+ Surpasses Twitter to Become No. 2 Social Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I use google+ more than facebook or twitter, combined. But that is simply because it is integrated with my phone, letting me auto-upload all of my photos and videos automatically backing everything up... Also, hangouts are great for getting work done and talking with family far far away (better than Skype...)...

johnnyevil

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I honestly had no idea ANYONE was using google+ I've learned to completely ignore it to the point that I forgot it even existed.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]johnnyevil[/nom]I honestly had no idea ANYONE was using google+ I've learned to completely ignore it to the point that I forgot it even existed.[/citation]
IMHO that is the beauty of it. It is always there, does its thing seamlessly and in the background. And when you need it (like if your phone goes missing, or you feel like sharing something with someone quickly without having to search on your phone) it is a breeze. IMHO, it is a social network done right.

G

Google+ is pretty much done for you if you have a gmail account or google play account, ive got an account and never used it

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
I suppose I'm considered an active user since I was forced to link my gmail account in order to publish a few reviews on Google Maps...that doesn't mean I care about any of the social aspects of it. I'm very interested in knowing what exactly defines an "Active" user, as in do they mean users that navigate through the main google+ site/use the social interactions, or just people that happen to post a review on their maps app/comments with a linked youtube account every month?

(Hey Tom's, how about saving my typed comment/auto posting it when being forced to re-login? I'm sick of having to retype everything just because I switched wifi networks and you don't recognize my PC anymore.)

loops

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I use it for hang outs and to post pics from time to time. I requires very little work as it is linked to my gmail and phone. Others I know who have FB still use FB way more and that is the exact reason why I use G+.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Started using it to backup my photo's. I'd probably use it more than FB, but just about everyone I know is on FB.

Overall, I do prefer Google+'s layout, hope it catches on.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I use it to back-up and share some photos with my remotely located family, and daily to get my stream of news from the channels I am following. Great tool overall. I despise FB.

voiidwulf

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Most of the Google+ users just have it since Google tells you too all the time. They should only count active users for these sort of things.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Okay I just went to my Google plus for the first time sense I created it. Can somebody tell me what the hell the point of a social network is. Is it just so I can see what everyone's thinking what everyone is doing a point in time, is it marketing for other companies to they can tell me what the hell do thing they have out, or is it something else and I'm just missing entirely because I don't get it.

I went there and it's game trailers everything is apparently I did something with them on Google plus once. Some people that I know why tried to use Google plus wrote some things and it's there.

I just don't get the appeal of Google Plustek anybody outside of it being a glorified RSS feed. I have Google talk, it tells me when I get a new email, I try and set everything that I do up so I get a new email whenever something is responded to whenever somebody posts something that I want to keep up with I use my email for that. Was it so hard for people to track others through email that they had to make social websites just for this. Community social websites offer you a webpage that you could customize be whatever you want and a was somewhat simple to do I can understand people liking that crap but Facebook Google plus twitter I don't understand the use of them.

So can somebody please tell me what the hell use a social network is I really want to know, and so everyone knows I'm 25 I should be in the demographic for being addicted to this crap.

G

Soo... Looks like someone is forgetting to include Sina Weibo in their ranking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS