Google Tests Secure Login with QR Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Interesting idea of course. My hacker mind instantly makes me wonder of course how that can be abused and circumvented :)

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I don't see how this is a good idea. Like Freggo, I'm left wondering if all I have to go is get ahold of someones smart phone for a bit. Go to site, scan, enter URL, and I'm into their Gmail acct? Potential for abuse is rather high I would think.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
The person that came up with this should receive a double bonus for their ingenuity.

And then be fired because someone was able to hijack it.

tlmck

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I have yet to give them my phone number and never will. Nor do I use a smart phone. Just have no need for one. They need to get off it and go to a pin system if they want numbers.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I can see this system implemented into my banking site, which I use 2-3 times a week. But for email, which I use 2-3 times a day? Seems a bit too time-consuming for what it's worth.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
"We always work on improving authentication, and try out different things every now and then."

IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE EXPERIENCES WITH SECURITY ISSUES

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
pity goldman sach's CEO's didn't find it and use it, i'm so inspired i thought of 5 ways to exploit it for incredible illegal financial gain in less then the first 3 seconds of reading the paragraph of how it works.
Near Feild Technology is so exploitable it's going to be a mf disaster that can be used to cause a financial meltdown of the world when it hits it's peak if exploited to it's fullest at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.