Google to Control Your House With Android@Home

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Alright, let's just forget for a moment all the tinfoil hat theories about how google execs are going to break into your house and drink your milk or create humanoid robots that govern your state into the ground. Reality is that this would be a criminal's best friend. What are you going to automate with Android, your security system, your lights, your locks? I can't even trust most apps with my contact info, I certainly don't want them controlling my home.

Use it if you want, but don't complain when you come home to an emptied house because you're too lazy to get off the couch and turn the thermostat down yourself.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]wawa sxm[/nom]no one forces you to use google...dt complain about a service ur using that was provided by someone you dt like...if there is nothin in ur life you want public then stay off of internet[/citation]

You really really suck at reading. I don't use it i don't plan on using it and I'm sure as hell not complaining about it. I made a statement based on a comment made by someone else that had vary little to do with this stupid technology google is pushing. And like i said i don't want my personal info public aside from WHAT I PROVIDE. Being on the internet doesn't change that. Also i hate you idiots that take everything so damn literal that you assume crap.

As far as this home operated junk goes. don't see a point at all. I mean other then hacking other peoples houses to turn their lights on when they are sleeping and hot water off when they shower or hmm maybe their over up and down when they try to make dinner :p maybe ring their doorbell over and over for kicks. Opps i just turned off your alarm clock sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.