Google to Launch iTunes Killer Before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Will it matter to the consumer if the price for a single MP3 is still 99 cents?

Mr Pizza

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Finally.. now beat everything apple.. but macs are for unintelligent losers.. they stupid'd themselves :)

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
As soon as it is released I'll be supporting this, Apple already have far too much of my money.

By the way, you guys really need to proof read your articles before publishing them, there are usually grammar mistakes in each article.

Nuke_Meltdown

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Well its easy the create a better software (Than iTunes) but the tough part is on the users side, will they switch for your non-apple software.

Lan

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2004
But the question is will they try to REQUIRE you to store songs on the cloud if not on your android?

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I fine with amazon's mp3 store, relatively cheap, and don't need a bunch of junkware like Apple's iTunes. Just purchase, download, and once I lost my songs and amazon allowed me to redownload it all.

geossj5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
wait..store the files in a cloud??
does that mean we'll have to fork over our limited data bandwidth everytime we stream from the cloud??

itrendslave

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Knowing Google, it will be DRM-free -- unlike Apple. This will be the appeal to the consumer. Or at least the informed consumer... hopefully that's a big enough demographic to turn the tide. F*** Apple. F*** iTunes. I'm sick of the bloated-software, media-monopoly, and platform-gimpness that they bring.

itrendslave

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Also, I just read some of the other comments. Google's not naive enough to believe that everyone has unlimited, high-speed bandwidth everywhere they go... of course they'll let you store what you can/want on your device, but leave everything in the cloud. Do you really think that they'd leave something that simple as a "chalk one up to Apple"?

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]itrendslave[/nom]Also, I just read some of the other comments. Google's not naive enough to believe that everyone has unlimited, high-speed bandwidth everywhere they go... of course they'll let you store what you can/want on your device, but leave everything in the cloud. Do you really think that they'd leave something that simple as a "chalk one up to Apple"?[/citation]

This man speaks the truth. From what I've read it'll work great, you can download your media just like itunes, although with the ability to stream to your device if you want to. This will work well in that you don't have to use up storage on your device if you don't want to.

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
If its good they only have to undercut Apply by a small margin and people will jump over in masses. Say 89c per song and tie the list of songs paid for to a gmail acount so you can re-downlod them whenever you want for free.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]furylicious[/nom]I fine with amazon's mp3 store, relatively cheap, and don't need a bunch of junkware like Apple's iTunes. Just purchase, download, and once I lost my songs and amazon allowed me to redownload it all.[/citation]
Well given Google's track record it will probably be browser based and might have Chrome plugin.

[citation][nom]JamesSneed[/nom]If its good they only have to undercut Apply by a small margin and people will jump over in masses. Say 89c per song and tie the list of songs paid for to a gmail acount so you can re-downlod them whenever you want for free.[/citation]
They wouldn't need to undercut them on all song, just on the $1.29 songs.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Someone please explain to me why people will switch to Google?

Are iTunes users who have a large investment in music simply going to abandon that music and their iPod to go and buy a competing portable music device that they can start loading up again with more purchased music? Not likely.

The only people who will be interested in this are those don't have an iPod and are in the market for a new music player.

Status
Not open for further replies.