Googler Wants Error 451 for Government Censorship

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]And who is in charge, has been for over three years now and we have this censorship being drastically increased? Oh yes, the fascist loving liberals. If you don't agree with their viewpoint then you will be silenced.[/citation]
Please stop bringing politics onto a tech website.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]cushgod[/nom]I love how the argument goes on about what the error code should be, when government blocks something, - instead of why the government is blocking anything.... anyone else think thats crazy? I didnt think so... /facepalm/facepalm[/citation]

The first step in getting rid of censorship is to know when it is happening. Getting a 451 back (400, client error, 51 you asked for something that is censored) from a webpage is a start.

There are worst things than censorship in a Farenheit 451 dystopia. Try Orwell's 1984 where censorship doesn't even exist.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
A bit off topic but wanted to share. My favorite part of 451 isn't the book burning firemen. It's Montag's wife and others. They spend the whole story being excited about the upcoming war and how we'll vanquish enemies. At the end of the story when the bombers are flying overhead they are incoming, rather than outbound. Hubris.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]And who is in charge, has been for over three years now and we have this censorship being drastically increased? Oh yes, the fascist loving liberals. If you don't agree with their viewpoint then you will be silenced.[/citation]

I voted you down because im fascist liberal scum trying to silence you. You should go back to your basement and put the tinfoil hat back on before we find you.

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]You probably should have put a semicolon after "context", or at least a comma.[/citation]

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.