Google's Caffeine Search Engine Goes Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Looks like Google finally woke up and smelled the coffee! :D

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I have to try for myself. Lately ive been using more and more Bing as a search engine. Its way better when you are looking for video related trsults for example. YOu know what I mean if you have used it. And the way the image searches work is also way better than google. Bad thing is that Bing isnt as "full" of results as google yet but its really impressive of how good its turned so fast.

Anyhow. Hope Kafeine turns into also a new option cause regular google is dying for me.

G

Bing has been gaining ground over Google lately and by infusing Google with Caffeine, hopefully Google will be able to regain their #1 position by making their search results better.

I Just Hope that what ever this Google Caffeine is, that it'll help to eliminate search engine poisoning.

- Coffee is the Blood of Life and the basic essence of coffee is caffeine and pure roasted flavour.

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
can some one explain what this whole caffeine business is? Is google getting in to the coffee business too? :-s

ellmondo

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
[citation][nom]gayan[/nom]can some one explain what this whole caffeine business is? Is google getting in to the coffee business too? :-s[/citation] it mainly consists of changes to the way sites are indexed, which should give you more relevant results once implemented.

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
[citation][nom]ellmondo[/nom]it mainly consists of changes to the way sites are indexed, which should give you more relevant results once implemented.[/citation]

Aha.... thanks mate....
but anyways, I have always found what I have been looking for in the first 5 search items on Google, so why bother to change everything?
(on the other hand I do think they need to modernize the way they present the results, in a more categoriesd way...but hopefully they dnt bloat it so it gets slow to load etc etc)

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Yah, google is getting a little annoying - hard to find what you are looking for unless you are trying to buy something. So google is a good shopper, sort of, but a bad search engine in general, or at least a tedious one. Of course, the other search engines are worse imo.... What do you expect for free?
And can google drop the whole "10 bazillion hits found" nonsense. Who checks deeper than like, page 3, if at all beyond first few hits. Just show the first fifty hits and get over yourself.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]wongster[/nom]wtf does getting caffeinated mean in terms of google? so confused right now...[/citation]
Agreed. This is a WTF article. Nobody knows wtf google caffeine is! Bad form Kevin... shoulda at least written clearly or provided a link for what Caffeine (in this sense) is.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]jawshoeaw[/nom]And can google drop the whole "10 bazillion hits found" nonsense. Who checks deeper than like, page 3, if at all beyond first few hits. Just show the first fifty hits and get over yourself.[/citation]

They do just show the first x hits (where x is the result per page count that you choose). The total hits is nice to know since it gives me an easy way to tell how specific or general my search was. It also lets me "google battle" issues by deciding a winner based on how many google hits their search evokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.