Google's Nexus One Now Ready for AT&T, Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Why not stop raping us on a phone that only costs a couple hundred to manufacture?Some of us refuse to go into contracts.[/citation]

It's called capitalism

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Drip50291[/nom]so no contract and an unlocked phone means theres no futher bills to pay?[/citation]

...only if you don't use your phone or only use it to call 911.

For $30 per month though on pay as you go with Rogers, you can get 2500 texts ($10) and unlimited browsing ($10...used to be $7 ARGH!). Then you have $9.25 (there's a $0.75 fee for emergency/911 calling, since that is free for any phone) left to spend either on calling at $0.01 weekends and evenings from 8pm-8am. (best PAYG plan imo)and $0.31 per minute (if you have automated top-ups) for regular calls... or you can activate another feature like unlimited MSN messenger or something ($5). You get free call display though.

It's a shame that Rogers doesn't offer sms+mms packages for payg though. If I had mms, I would never need to make calls, since I could just send a voice message instead of paying $0.31 each time I need to make a 20 second phone call to ask someone where they're at.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
Whats the deal with contracts why do so many people hate them?

Verizon and Sprint need to change their services to gsm and drop the cdma, phones are being made for global use and just about the rest of the world is gsm except here in the states. So when a phone comes out its can be made available to all networks.

superj

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Drip50291[/nom]so no contract and an unlocked phone means theres no futher bills to pay?[/citation]

You still need a monthly plan (or pay as you go), you can just cancel at any time without obligation.

Unlocked phones will work on other compatible carriers without the artificial restrictions they like to impose.

Someguyperson

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Bigger news is that the Nexus One is coming to Sprint:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/make-it-four-googles-nexus-one-coming-to-sprint/

Status
Not open for further replies.