Got my laptop's GPU replaced

Psachna

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
Hello guys
Last summer I had problems with my laptop's ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 and decided to replace it at a service store for 120euros
They said they would replace it with the same chipset so I paid and hope to get it solved.
After I received my laptop back nothing was fixed so I called them to complain they said to bring my laptop back to check it.
The replacement chipset was faulty so they ordered a new one and put it in. This time it seemed pretty fine for 2 months the laptop experience was smooth.
Recently during playing games even if the laptop was not heated (I don't play demanding games at all) it was shuting down on its own (without a bsod) after hitting the power button the light of the power button goes green and it goes off again. After 1 minute I can normally turn it on.
Also it seems that I have minor lag at some games in which I did not have before,so I went to the device manager to check the Graphics Card and the name of it is "AMD Mobility Radeon 5000 series"
Well that's not a specific graphics card at all so from the name of it,it could be a 5650 card but it could also be something else. Before I got my original ATI 5650 replaced it normally showed the graphics card name.
I am still under their warranty so what should I do? Ask for another replacement? Ask for my money back if possible? Nothing from the above just burn their store?
I hope you can help a bit

Psachna

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015

Owning the laptop for 4-5 years I've felt how it is when it overheats, the shuting down has happened even at usual temperatures.
And despite that the old ati 5650 had never experienced a shut down even at extreme temperatures during a hot summer in greece (Before it started failing of course)

12436028_198796973798836_847150132_n.jpg

That's what it says under display adapters

Psachna

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015

Before replacing the GPU
And what I mean is that I have it most of the time on my legs so I can understand when a temperature is higher than usual

ss202sl

Honorable
"just burn their store?"
What?

A 4 or 5 year old laptop? maybe it's not the GPU, but something else. Does it do this when plugged in, or just on the battery, or both?

Many laptop makers have some sort of diagnostic software you can download for their laptops. I'd check Toshiba's site and run diagnostics on your laptop.