Gov. Can Now Track Your Phones Without Warrant

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]djsting[/nom]Well you have to remember this. Anybody that disagrees with the Obama administratoin must be a white, racist, biggoted, sexist, gun waving, foxnews loving, right wing lune...did i forget anything? The funny thing is, I seem to remember Democrats getting their panties in a bunch (and rightfully so) over warrantless wiretapping. However, warrantless location tracking, that's just fine. Double standard anybody?[/citation]
Nah, there's plenty of democrats that are upset with Obama's continuation and expansion of Bush-esque War on Terror/Patriot Act nonsense, particularly independent-leaning/middle-of-the-road democrats (I'd be willing to bet more than a few of the negative complaints are from left leaning folks). Also, name calling is hardly exclusive to either party, if you were anti-Patriot Act or other Bush policy eroding of liberties you were called un-American, a non-patriot, nonsupporting of the troops or pro-terrorist. For all their hollering and screaming over their supposed 'huge' differences, the two parties act 95% identically to each other.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
*Drops cell in water

However the panel also sided with civil-liberties groups and decided that, in some cases, investigators will still need to obtain a search warrant from the lower courts to avoid potentially unconstitutional seizures of location data. The court said that this option would be used "sparingly."

If you ask me, they should only be allowed to do a GPS locate on a cell for a person they believe to be in danger or missing. Otherwise, they better keep their f'n eyes off my location!

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]compton[/nom]Yeah, I'm not surprised that this isn't plastered on the front pages of American newspapers.[/citation]

NBC news is located in the ROCKEFELLER CENTER in NYC. The media was bought by the rich with an agenda going on one hundred years ago. Most Americans have been blind to the enslavement incorporated by the super-affluent for decades...

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]Nah, there's plenty of democrats that are upset with Obama's continuation and expansion of Bush-esque War on Terror/Patriot Act nonsense, particularly independent-leaning/middle-of-the-road democrats (I'd be willing to bet more than a few of the negative complaints are from left leaning folks). Also, name calling is hardly exclusive to either party, if you were anti-Patriot Act or other Bush policy eroding of liberties you were called un-American, a non-patriot, nonsupporting of the troops or pro-terrorist. For all their hollering and screaming over their supposed 'huge' differences, the two parties act 95% identically to each other.[/citation]

The Patriot act is un-american/pro-terrorist.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]The Patriot act is un-american/pro-terrorist.[/citation]

We should organize protests and repeal it. The problem with our government is that they control media. They can pay people to sway opinion. So there is never a majority problem, only a minority one. The rich pay the poor off, or pay some people to create waves to change opinion of enough to weaken the mounted assembly. Propaganda runs rampant here in the USA, only we're blind to it.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]Ron Paul 4 Prez.[/citation]

Elect third party/Independents for office this year. Everyone. Please. It's time to do away with the two party system. It hasn't worked in decades.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]djsting[/nom]Well you have to remember this. Anybody that disagrees with the Obama administratoin must be a white, racist, biggoted, sexist, gun waving, foxnews loving, right wing lune...did i forget anything? The funny thing is, I seem to remember Democrats getting their panties in a bunch (and rightfully so) over warrantless wiretapping. However, warrantless location tracking, that's just fine. Double standard anybody?[/citation]

The sad thing is, most Americans will do nothing about this new law...and only care about it when it affects them personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.