GPU based transcoder. X-Acceleration Transcoder Pro

Solution
You have one card with 4 tuners built in. 25 more just like it will get you near to 120 tuners.

Quicksync is more then just a GPU, Please read up on the wiki, paying particular attention to the performance section.

Possible to do 25? I don't know how they spec that. 25 what? A day - sure easy. An hour - maybe, At the Same time - why not but they don't say how long it takes or what the storage medium is. You won't be doing that on a spinning HDD. Too many head move requests... LoL

popatim

Splendid
Looks like blatant BS to me.
First 120 channels would require 120tuners. How did they get that in a pc?
Second, OTA at least, is already H.264 encoded so there is nothing to transcode
3rd issue is $30 for the quicksync version? Why when Handbrake has been able to use this for years and is *Free!*

I didn't bother reading any further.

Jul 21, 2018

First of all, the information that 120 Tuners are required is not true. Depending from the channel amount on the satelitte transponder it is possible to broacast more channels! I have on my system a TBS quard Tuner PCI-Express card, and i can receive with one Tuner more than one channel.

The raw HD streams in my case has arround 10-12 Mbps, i want transcode them to lower bitrates arround 3 mbps the save bandwidth. So transcoding is definitely required in my mind.

Quicksync is just support CPU based GPU it has lower transcoding power than Graficadapter based GPU.

So my question is, is it realy possible to transcode up to 25 HD channels on one Nvidia based GTX Graficadapter?

popatim

Splendid
You have one card with 4 tuners built in. 25 more just like it will get you near to 120 tuners.

Quicksync is more then just a GPU, Please read up on the wiki, paying particular attention to the performance section.

Possible to do 25? I don't know how they spec that. 25 what? A day - sure easy. An hour - maybe, At the Same time - why not but they don't say how long it takes or what the storage medium is. You won't be doing that on a spinning HDD. Too many head move requests... LoL

Solution